Equality and Diversity
The National Logistics Academy is committed to practicing and promoting equality of opportunity, widening participation and the treatment of all individuals with fairness and respect.
The requirements set out in this policy must be considered throughout all interactions with learners including recruitment and training and also though engagement with employees, employers, and visitors to The National Logistics Academy.
The National Logistics Academy welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages the progress and advancement of all learners, employees, and employers irrespective of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity.
The National Logistics Academy is committed to providing an environment that supports the inclusion of all learners, including those learners that may have additional special needs. Learners with a significant learning difficulty or disability that hinders them from full use of resources will be supported by The National Logistics Academy or additional support agencies.
- Help all individuals to understand their responsibilities and rights for equal opportunities through training, discussion and information;
- Promote equality of opportunity throughout recruitment, selection, promotion, training and development;
- Assess employers to measure their attitudes and actions to promote equality and diversity and widen participation;
- Promote equality and diversity through marketing materials and in our dealings with employers, providers and suppliers;
- Promote fair and consistent practices and behaviour for learners, employers and, employees;
- Provide facilities and services that overcome barriers to learning and development;
- Investigate any issues raised by learners or employees under our grievance procedure;
- Review and monitor equality and diversity issues at local and national level;
- Regularly review policies to ensure that they meet our legal obligations;
- Provide a code of conduct that outlines the way all employees, learners and employers should adhere to when on Mantra Learning Ltd’s premises and in the delivery of provision elsewhere, and;
- Provide information, advice and guidance to signpost employees, learners, and employers to appropriate additional support agencies if required.
All employees, learners and work placements have a personal responsibility to uphold the ideals of this policy by ensuring that their behaviour is appropriate, fair and respectful.
B) THE NATIONAL LOGISTICS ACADEMY'S COMMITMENT
The National Logistics Academy is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce and visitors to The National Logistics Academy sites. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee, learner, employer, and visitor feels respected and able to give their best.
To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment, learners and visitors not to discriminate because of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, disability, age, pregnancy or maternity.
The National Logistics Academy opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, learners and visitors to all sites, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit, will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilized to maximize the efficiency of the organisation.
The National Logistics Academys commitment:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contribution of all our employees, learners, employers, and visitors are recognized and valued.
- Every person is entitled to an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- All learners are entitled to access fair assessments within the qualification they are undertaking.
- Make reasonable adjustments to support employees, learners, employers and visitors on site.
- Equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- Mantra Learning Ltd will review all its employment practices and procedure to ensure fairness.
- The policy is fully supported by senior management.
- The policy is monitored and reviewed at least annually.
C) TRAINING AND IMPLEMENTATION
Training, promotion, and implementation of this policy will be delivered to employees, employers, and learners through induction into employment or training with Mantra Learning Ltd. The policy will be available to view on the The National Logistics Academy website and the staff policy area for employees.
Training, development, and progression opportunities are available to all staff. Training will be provided to all staff at least annually.